Select a product type to see the relevant criteria:
Animal care products
Cotton wool products
Disinfectants for cleaning
Kitchen towels and toilet rolls
Paint for indoor use
Special treatment for textiles, e.g., stain removal and bleaching
What does it take before we establish new criteria?
If you cannot find a relevant category for your products, it may be because we do not have criteria for the product type in question. In this case, you are welcome to contact us. It may be that your product can be assessed under one of our existing criteria, even if it is not listed.
We prioritise developing specific criteria for new product types if:
- The product type may trigger skin allergy on contact with the skin
- The product type may trigger skin allergy after airborne exposure
- The product type may be discomforting to people with sensitive airways
Common to the product types that we choose to label is that they must be relevant for:
- People who are already suffering from skin allergies
- People who want to take care of their skin and minimise the risk of developing skin allergies
- People with sensitive airways
Revision of criteria
We follow the scientific developments and work based on a precautionary principle. We only introduce new criteria or make changes to existing criteria if called for by professional considerations.
When we revise our criteria, it is based on thorough scientific preparation, and the changes are always subject to consultation with manufacturers and other stakeholders.