Many people come into daily contact with make-up and personal care products.
Several of the products are in contact with the skin for a long time, and that may pose a risk of skin allergy. In the worst case, skin allergy may lead to lifelong discomfort.
In this category you will find, among other things: Personal care, hair care, personal hygiene, make-up, hand sanitizers, wet wipes and animal care products.
Common to all cosmetic products is that:
- We need to know all the ingredients
- We do not permit substances that pose a particular risk of causing skin allergies
- We do not permit perfume
- We limit substances that may irritate the skin and respiratory tract the use of colourants is only permitted in make-up
- We demand that ingredients with food allergens do not contain proteins
- We have special focus on natural ingredients and demand that certain chemical substances be removed before the ingredient is permitted
- We demand knowledge of all chemicals in wet wipes
- We always approve the product label so there is nothing misleading within our area
- We demand that all ingredients be displayed on the product itself and not just on the packaging
We have in-depth information about certain product groups. See more about these product groups below.
We have special requirements for spray products in order to help people with sensitive airways.Read more
That a product consists of ‘natural ingredients’ is not the same as to say that the product is an allergy-friendly choice.Read more
Make-up carrying our labels must live up to our general requirement not to contain substances with a particular risk of causing skin allergies.Read more